Resurrection Sunday

“Have I a heart of stone so cold and dark within That I can view the Saviour in anguish for my sin And never sorrow feel for all He sacrificed? Have I a heart of stone to watch the bleeding Christ?
Have I no eyes to see that I can stand so near And watch the Saviour wounded but never shed a tear? Can I but coldly gaze upon His painful loss? Have I no eyes to see God’s Lamb upon the cross?
As I behold the blood and view the Crucified, The piercing thought o’erwhelms me: ’twas for my sin He died. Lord, make my soul to feel Thy suffering on the tree. Lord, break this heart of stone. Lord, make my eyes to see.”
Broken for Christ... Glorious Resurrection Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the words to this song! I have sung this to myself often over the years and the LORD has used it to help me have a heart more like HIS. I am looking for REVIVAL and for HIM to use my story stemming from 04-16-07 (www.vtlessonstolearn.com) to help many come to know HIM and HIS heart of LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing you're thoughts!